Google
 

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Just Rambling 4/27/2008


I've had a busy week. I've been making infants hats for Afghans for Afghans and hat and bootie sets for a project for the Yahoo Group All_Crafts_4_Charity. I'm doing all of them in wool since they are going to really cold climates. I will admit I'm still gagging on the cost of the yarn from my LYS. I've been searching online for a cheaper source as well as checking at WalMart and other places and it seems the price I paid was actually a pretty decent price. I love the feel of the yarn as I'm crocheting and I love the way the little hats came out. The colors came out horrible, I'm going to have to break down and buy a real camera someday instead of using my cell phone. Most of the hats are made with my Kid's Bumpy Hat pattern or a variation. One hat and bootie set is made with my Newborn Sweater Set pattern without the sweater.

A word about the advertising on these pages. I've recently signed up for several new programs to try to make a little extra to defray the cost of yarn and fabric. Please take a few minutes and help by supporting the sponsors of this blog. Also, if you want to advertise here you can join ProjectWonderful (link under the advertising) or contact me. Thank you all for helping make this blog a success. Readership has increased markedly in the last couple weeks and I truly appreciate those that have posted links at other sites back to this blog.

I finally have the Buggy Finger Puppets done and will be posting the pattern soon. I also will be posting the pattern for booties that go with my infant size Kid's Bumpy Hat. I just need the time to sit down and do it. I have a little bit more time off this week and hope to get that done.

Until I post again, keep crafting!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Have you considered getting your wool yarn by reclaiming yarn from thrift shop, wool sweaters? It is time-consuming, but rewarding.

You can find some information here: http://www.az.com/~andrade/knit/thrifty.html