Google
 

Saturday, October 3, 2009

A Hat for Warming Families

I love this yarn it's so soft and warm. I won this yarn in a drawing at AllCrafts4 Charity, a Yahoo group that I belong to. They hold a drawing every month for those who contributed during the month.
.
Warming Families is a charity that delivers blankets and other warm items to the homeless and displaced, is having a Hat Challange so I decided to use this wonderful yarn for a nice, warm hat!
.
The yarn is Patons Melody Quick & Cozy and really worked up nice. I used my Quickie Chemo Cap pattern but went down a size for the hook so this is a child sized hat! I made this hat this morning and the most it took me was two hours. I didn't really time myself so it might have taken less. So can you spare an hour or two to make a hat for this wonderful charity?

1 comment:

Marilyn S. said...

I crochet hats for children for my local "caps for kids" program, have made chemo caps for the local hospital!